Curriculum & Programs
The MOC-Floyd Valley comprehensive guidance program focuses on prevention. We try to give all students knowledge, skills, and attitudes that will help them grow in their academic, career, and social/emotional development.
All MOC-Floyd Valley School Cousnelors have completed training on the ASCA National Standards. The American School Counselor Association (ASCA) is an organization that supports school counselors' efforts to help students in their academic, personal/social, and career development. ASCA has developed national standards for all students, which define the knowledge or skills students should acquire from the result of participating in a school counseling program. The guidance lessons taught in the classrooms are organized and influenced with these national standards in mind.
- Students will acquire the attitudes, knowledge, and skills contributing to effective learning in school and across the lifespan.
- will complete school with the academic preparation essential to choose from a wide range of substantial post-secondary options, including college.
- Students will understand the relationship of academics to the world of work and to life at home and in the community.
- Students will acquire the skills to investigate the world of work in relation to knowledge of self and to make informed career decisions.
- Students will employ strategies to achieve future career goals with success and satisfaction.
- Students will understand the relationship between personal qualities, education, training, and the world of work
- Students will acquire the knowledge, attitudes, and interpersonal skills to help them understand and respect self and others.
- Students will make decisions, set goals, and take necessary action to achieve goals.
- Students will understand safety and survival skills.